Education (National Program)
If you wish to become a coach in your club the following are the steps you need to take in your role as coach, each club will have their own basic guidelines for coaches as a “standard of best practice”, outside of those guidelines, the following are the basic steps required for you to start on the ladder to coaching as an adult. For any member of a club under 18 who wish to assist as a coach we have the Rebel Og ” Emerging Coaches Course”
You must meet the criteria involved in each step as you go along, however if you do not hold a Foundation Certificate you can still help out in your local club, but you must have Garda vetting completed and you must complete the Child Welfare & Protection course in your club.
It is recommended that you complete the Foundation Course to help give you a better understanding of coaching young players, again this is only a recommendation, but club Guidelines must be adhered to. If you are not sure check with your club Coaching Officer.
The recommended steps to your coaching pathway.
- Emerging Coaching Course for U18’s only
- Garda Vetting.
- Child Welfare & Protection Course.
- Intro to Gaelic Games\Foundation Course. (Hurling, Football or Dual course)
- Attend Workshops
- Award 1 Course. (Hurling or Football – Child, Youth & Adult)
- Award 2 Course. (Hurling or Football – Child, Youth & Adult)