Cavan GAA are now inviting applications for the position of Head of Athletic Performance
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, delivery and coordination of the team & individual athletic performance programmes for all Cavan GAA players.
The Head of Athletic Performance will provide the required leadership and management of systems and personnel to ensure that players develop the physical competencies required to thrive within the intercounty game. In collaboration with the games development manager, the head of athletic performance will continually seek to drive innovation and develop an exceptional athletic development pathway that seamlessly integrates from development squads into senior intercounty athletes.
This position is being offered on a 3-year fixed-term, full-time basis and will be based primarily in Cavan town.
To apply, please email your CV (no more than 2 pages) and a cover letter of no longer than 1 page to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the closing date for applications is strictly 5pm on Friday, August 17th.
Cavan GAA are an equal opportunities employer.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
POST TITLE: Head of Athletic Performance
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION
- To oversee and assist in delivering all aspects of Strength and Conditioning (S&C), fitness and sports science in Cavan GAA including; planning, programme design, programme delivery and monitoring.
- Oversee the implementation of this programme across multiple teams
- Manage S&C staff to ensure consistency of approach across all teams
- Deliver and report on agreed KPIs for athlete development.
- Liaise with medical staff and team managements regarding injured players
- Deliver and Management of strength & Conditioning coaching to county teams at U14/15/16/17/20 & Senior levels, taking lead with assigned squads whilst managing its delivery for others.
- Upskill County GPO’s in latest S&C techniques and in undertaking S & C sessions
For a detailed job spec please click here.