Applications are invited for the role of GAA Games Development Officer.
Reporting to the Games Development Manager, Cavan Co. Board GAA, the main duties and responsibilities of this role will include:
- Work closely with the Ulster Council GAA and Cavan Co. Board GAA coaching staff.
- Proactively engage with schools to encourage their involvement in a Physical Literacy programme.
- Provide taster sessions to schools interested in the Physical Literacy programme.
- Deliver the initial stages of the Ulster Council’s Active start and Fundamentals programmes.
- Implement a structured programme that focuses on delivering physical literacy to key stage Work closely with teachers to develop their confidence in delivering physical literacy and games.
- Implement blitz tournaments between schools on a regional basis.
- Facilitate the development of school / club links to encourage after schools activities and transfer into club activity.
- Deliver the various programmes as part of club based activity.
- Implement extra-curricular activities in school and deliver club development programmes.
- Attend Ulster Council’s staff development programmes and be involved in summer scheme programmes outside of normal term time.
Commencement date for this role is October 2017
The ideal candidate should hold a minimum GAA Level 1 Coaching Award in either football or hurling, ladies football and a Degree or equivalent third level qualification in sport, education or a related discipline. He/she will be proactive, self-motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
The completed application form must be returned so as to arrive not later than 4.00pm on Monday 18thSeptember, 2017. Application forms received by Cavan GAA after the deadline date and time will not be accepted.
Cavan GAA is an Equal Opportunities Employer